Monday, April 16, 2012

what i've been doing for the last few weeks

..okay so it has been 2 weeks since i last posted and i thought i would use this post to let you know what has been  keeping me so busy. tomorrow i will do a food post. promise.
  last week was my spring break, and i had the amazing experience of going on a mission trip with the bible class in my church.
we went to an orphanage in Magdalena, Mexico.
it was a great time of bonding with each other and with the kids in the orphanage.
me and my new friend Gisel
some of the girls in my class
one of the crews i worked on.
playing with the kids.
i learned some amazing things on this trip. like how blessed i am with the lifestyle and family i've been given. and how it is possible to create a strong bond with someone just through smiles.

  last week i was busy getting ready for the homeschool convention where i actually had a booth! i was selling furoshikis, which are Japanese wrapping cloths. it is pretty much a square piece of cloth that when tied in different knots can be used to wrap gifts, wine bottles, books, and even make a variety of purses. if you want to learn more about my business, Kiwicloth, you can check out my blog  and watch the video from my first post, "just a little bit about me and furoshikis." the convention went great! and i am hoping to soon be selling the furoshikis online and at farmers' markets this summer.

  the last new thing is that i have a garden! So far i just have potatoes, red potatoes, and onions. but come mother's day i will (hopefully) have tomatoes, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, corn, squash, carrots, and some flowers! i will post a picture of my garden every week.
Week #1
Week #2- my dad doubled the size of the garden to get ready for the new plants coming soon!
Check back tomorrow for a new post on one of my cooking adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment